University of Education Weingarten
Education – Opportunities – Future
In addition to research-based and practice-related studies the University of Education Weingarten (PH Weingarten), which was founded in 1962, offers its students an attractive environment in one of the most beautiful regions of Germany. More than 3,000 students and 250 employees study, carry out research and work in the special atmosphere of the baroque monastery on the Martinsberg.
The range of courses offered includes numerous innovative Bachelor’s and Master’s programmes in the field of the educational sciences. The central focus at the University of Education Weingarten is on Teacher Certification, Early Childhood Education, Media Education, Health Promotion, Dealing with Heterogeneity, Vocational Education and Social Issues of the Future. Besides this, the University of Education Weingarten offers advanced qualifications in the form of Master’s programmes and doctoral studies. Postdoctoral qualifications can also be obtained. Advanced training courses and contact study courses can be taken at the Academy of Scientific Education.
The research profile of the University of Education Weingarten results from questions arising within the scope of the educational sciences, especially in terms of sustainable teaching and learning in schools and other educational institutions. A major focus here is on the concept of lifelong learning, which is also reflected in the structure of the research centres for Elementary and Primary Education, Secondary Education, Adult Education as well as Regionalism School History. The centres bring together the specialized knowledge of various disciplines, thus placing their research activities and their research profile on an interdisciplinary basis.
The University of Education Weingarten is firmly rooted in the region. It works closely together with the neighbouring University of Applied Sciences Ravensburg-Weingarten and, within the framework of the International University of Lake Constance (IBH), maintains good relations with partners around Lake Constance. But its vista extends far beyond the Alps. Partnerships with universities in and beyond the borders of Europe enable the students to gain their own experience abroad, and the faculty members to foster an international exchange in research and teaching.
The city of Weingarten is well-known for its wide-ranging programme of festivals and cultural events, for example the Welfenfest (Annual Festival), the Klosterfestspiele (Monastery Festival), concerts and much more. Neighbouring Ravensburg, with its medieval flair and its numerous shops and street cafés, invites you to get out and about, and enjoy the opportunities for shopping. For sports and leisure activities, students in Weingarten will find a variety of sports facilities and a colourful kaleidoscope of social life, clubs and associations. And if even that’s not enough: The Alps and Lake Constance are just the proverbial stone’s throw away.
- Exercise and Nutrition Science (B.A.)
- Early Childhood Education (B.A.)
- Teacher Certification for Vocational Schools (in cooperation with the University of Applied Sciences Ravensburg-Weingarten):
- Automotive Engineering PLUS (B.Eng.)
- Electrical Engineering/Applied Physics PLUS Vocational Training and Education (B.Eng.)
- Business Informatics PLUS Vocational Training and Education (B.Sc.)
- Teacher Certification in Primary Education (B.A.)
- Teacher Certification in Secondary Education (B.A.)
- Educational Support (B.A.)
- Speech Therapy (B.A.)
- Media and Education Management (B.A.)
- Multilingualism and Intercultural Education (B.A.)
- Environmental Education (B.A.)
- Literacy and General Education (M.A.)
- German as a Foreign/Second Language and Intercultural Education (M.A.)
- Early Childhood Studies (M.A.) in cooperation with the PH Canton of St. Gallen (Switzerland)
- Teacher Certification for Vocational Schools in cooperation with the University of Applied Sciences Ravensburg-Weingarten:
- Automotive Engineering and Manufacturing Technology (M.Sc.)
- Electrical Engineering / Applied Physics (M.Sc.)
- Computer Science / Business Administration / Economics (M.Sc.)
- Teacher Certification in Primary Education (M.Ed., from Winter Semester 2018/19)
- Teacher Certification in Secondary Education (M.Ed., from Winter Semester 2018/19)
- Educational Science (M.A.)
- Media and Education Management (M.A.)
- Music – Movement – Language (M.A.)
- School Development (M.A.)